Bài viết phân tích ảnh hưởng của nhận thức thương hiệu, chất lượng cảm nhận, lòng trung thành với thương hiệu và liên kết thương hiệu đến giá trị thương hiệu tổng thể của Công ty Cisco Việt Nam (Cisco). Bài viết sử dụng phương pháp thuận tiện thông qua cuộc khảo sát trực tuyến để thu thập ý kiến khách hàng tại bốn thành phố lớn là Hà Nội, Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh, Đà Nẵng và Cần Thơ. Kết quả phân tích bằng mô hình SEM trên bộ dữ liệu hợp lệ của 315 khách hàng cho thấy, bốn nhóm nhân tố độc lập có ảnh hưởng tích cực đến giá trị thương hiệu tổng thể của Cisco. Trong đó, chất lượng cảm nhận (PRQ) và nhận thức về thương hiệu (BAW) có ảnh hưởng mạnh. Dựa vào kết quả nghiên cứu, bài viết đề xuất một số hàm ý quản trị nhằm giữ vững và nâng cao giá trị thương hiệu tổng thể cho Cisco.
Tài liệu tham khảo:
- Aaker, D. A. (1996). Measuring brand equity across products and markets. California management review, 38(3), 102-120.
- Aaker, D. A. (1992). The Value of Brand Equity. Journal of Business Strategy, 13(4), 27-32. https://doi.org/10.1108/eb039503
- Abimbola, T., & Vallaster, C. (2007). Brand, organisational identity and reputation in SMEs: an overview. Qualitative market research: an international Journal. 10(4), 341–348.
- Alhaddad, A. (2014). The effect of brand image and brand loyalty on brand equity. International Journal of Business and Management Invention, 3(5), 28-32.
- Asamoah, E. S. (2014). Customer based brand equity (CBBE) and the competitive performance of SMEs in Ghana. Journal of Small Business and Enterprise Development. 21(1), 117-131.
- Atilgan, E., Aksoy, Ş., & Akinci, S. (2005). Determinants of the brand equity: A verification approach in the beverage industry in Turkey. Marketing intelligence & planning, 23 (3), 237-248.
- Baldauf, A., Cravens, K. S., & Binder, G. (2003). Performance consequences of brand equity management: evidence from organizations in the value chain. Journal of product & brand management, 12 (4), 220-236.
- Batra, R., Ramaswamy, V., Alden, D. L., Steenkamp, J. B. E., & Ramachander, S. (2000). Effects of brand local and nonlocal origin on consumer attitudes in developing countries. Journal of consumer psychology, 9(2), 83-95.
- Briggs, W. M & Hung, N. T. (2020). Decision Making versus Testing: A Changing of the Guards in Empirical Research?. Asian Journal of Economics and Banking, 4(2), 21–42.
- Gerbing, D. W., & Anderson, J. C. (1988). An updated paradigm for scale development incorporating unidimensionality and its assessment. Journal of marketing research, 25(2), 186-192.
- Gliem, J. A., & Gliem, R. R. (2003). Calculating, interpreting, and reporting Cronbach’s alpha reliability coefficient for Likert-type scales. Midwest Research-to-Practice Conference in Adult, Continuing, and Community Education, 8 (10), 82-87.
- Grewal, D., Monroe, K. B., & Krishnan, R. (1998). The effects of price-comparison advertising on buyers’ perceptions of acquisition value, transaction value, and behavioral intentions. Journal of marketing, 62(2), 46-59.
- Hair, J. F., Gabriel, M., & Patel, V. (2014). AMOS covariance-based structural equation modeling (CB-SEM): Guidelines on its application as a marketing research tool. Brazilian Journal of Marketing, 13(2), 44-55.
- Hamann, D., Williams, R. L., & Omar, M. (2007). Branding strategy and consumer high‐technology product. Journal of Product & Brand Management, 16(2), 98-111.
- Hung, N. T. (2020). On the Calculus of Subjective Probability in Behavioral Economics. Asian Journal of Economics and Banking, 4(1), 49–60.
- Ing, W. P., Phing, G. T. T., Peng, N. C., Ho, J. S. Y., & Teik, D. O. L. (2012). Global versus local brand: Perceived quality and status-seeking motivation in the automobile industry. World Review of Business Research, 2(4), 1-12.
- Ishaq, M. I., & Di Maria, E. (2020). Sustainability countenance in brand equity: A critical review and future research directions. Journal of Brand Management, 27(1), 15-34.
- Keller, K. I. (2003). Strategic Brand Management, Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ. Retrieved from https://scirp.org/reference/ReferencesPapers.aspx?ReferenceID=2127137.
- Keller, K. L. (1993). Conceptualizing, measuring, and managing customer-based brand equity. Journal of marketing, 57(1), 1-22.
- Macdonald, E. K., & Sharp, B. M. (2000). Brand awareness effects on consumer decision making for a common, repeat purchase product: A replication. Journal of business research, 48(1), 5-15.
- Milberg, S. J., & Sinn, F. (2008). Vulnerability of global brands to negative feedback effects. Journal of Business Research, 61(6), 684-690.
- Mitra, D., & Golder, P. N. (2006). How does objective quality affect perceived quality? Short-term effects, long-term effects, and asymmetries. Marketing Science, 25(3), 230-247.
- Nunnally, J. C., & Bernstein, I. H. (1994). Validity. Psychometric theory, 99-132.
- Pappu, R., Quester, P. G., & Cooksey, R. W. (2005). Consumer‐based brand equity: improving the measurement–empirical evidence. Journal of Product & Brand Management, 4(3), 143-154.
- Pappu, R., Quester, P. G., & Cooksey, R. W. (2007). Country image and consumer-based brand equity: relationships and implications for international marketing. Journal of International Business Studies, 38(5), 726-745.
- Pham, H. C. (2020). Factors determining brand equity for retail stores: A market segmentation approach. The Journal of Asian Finance, Economics, and Business, 7(10), 843-854.
- Rockwell, C. (2008). The mathematics of brand satisfaction. Design Management Review, 19(2), 75-81.
- Roy, R., & Chau, R. (2011). Consumer‐based brand equity and status‐seeking motivation for a global versus local brand. Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics, 23 (3), 270-284.
- Sasmita, J., & Suki, N. M. (2015). Young consumers’ insights on brand equity: Effects of brand association, brand loyalty, brand awareness, and brand image. International journal of retail & distribution management, 43(3), 276-292.
- Severi, E., & Ling, K. C. (2013). The mediating effects of brand association, brand loyalty, brand image and perceived quality on brand equity. Asian Social Science, 9(3), 125-136.
- Sharma, R. (2017). Building customer-based brand equity of domestic brands: Role of brand equity dimensions. Metamorphosis, 16(1), 45-59.
- Shocker, A. D., & Weitz, B. (1988). A perspective on brand equity principles and issues. Report, 2(4), 88-104.
- Srinivasan, S. S., Anderson, R., & Ponnavolu, K. (2002). Customer loyalty in e-commerce: an exploration of its antecedents and consequences. Journal of retailing, 78(1), 41-50.
- Stokes, R. C. (1985). The effects of price, package design, and brand familiarity on perceived quality. Perceived quality: How consumers view stores and merchandise, 233-246.
- Tanveer, Z., & Lodhi, R. N. (2016). The effect of brand equity on customer satisfaction: An empirical study based on David Aaker's Brand Equity Model. IUP Journal of Brand Management, 13(3), 43.
- Taylor, S. A., Hunter, G. L., & Lindberg, D. L. (2007). Understanding (customer‐based) brand equity in financial services. Journal of Services Marketing, 21 (4), 241-252.
- Tong, X., & Hawley, J. M. (2009). Measuring customer‐based brand equity: Empirical evidence from the sportswear market in China. Journal of product & brand management, 18(4), 262-271.
- Vrontis, D., & Papasolomou, I. (2007). Brand and product building: the case of the Cyprus wine industry. Journal of Product & Brand Management, 16 (3),159-167.
- Wang, X., & Yang, Z. (2010). The effect of brand credibility on consumers’ brand purchase intention in emerging economies: The moderating role of brand awareness and brand image. Journal of global marketing, 23(3), 177-188.
- Washburn, J. H., & Plank, R. E. (2002). Measuring brand equity: An evaluation of a consumer-based brand equity scale. Journal of Marketing theory and Practice, 10(1), 46-62.
- Yang, D., & Wang, X. (2010). The effects of 2-tier store brands’ perceived quality, perceived value, brand knowledge, and attitude on store loyalty. Frontiers of Literary Studies in China, 4(1), 1-28.
- Yaseen, N., Tahira, M., Guizar, A., & Anwar, A. (2011). Impact of Brand Awareness, Perceived Quality, and Customer Loyalty on Brand Profitability and Purchase Intention: A Reseller’s View. Interdisciplinary Journal of Research in Business 3(5), 833-839.
- Yoo, B., Donthu, N., & Lee, S. (2000). An examination of selected marketing mix elements and brand equity. Journal of the academy of marketing science, 28(2), 195-211.
- Zahoor, S. Z., & Qureshi, I. H. (2017). Social Media Marketing and Brand Equity: A Literature Review. IUP Journal of Marketing Management, Feb2017, 16(1), 47-64.
- Zeithaml, V. A. (1988). Consumer perceptions of price, quality, and value: a means-end model and synthesis of evidence. Journal of marketing, 52(3), 2-22.
This study analyzes the influences of brand awareness, perceived quality, brand loyalty, and brand association on the overall brand value of Cisco Vietnam. The article uses a convenient method through an online survey to collect customer opinions in four major cities: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Da Nang and Can Tho. The results of analysis by a SEM model and a valid dataset of 315 customers show that four groups of independent factors positively influence the overall brand value of Cisco Vietnam. Perceived quality (PRQ) and brand awareness (BAW) have a decisive influence the most. Based on the research results, the article proposes some management implications to maintain and improve the overall brand value of Cisco Vietnam.